Bulldogs are heavy, muscular, low slung, wrinkled appearance and has a distinctive nose pushed in. They are very popular dogs. It is often described as being friendly, courageous and calm. It got its name because of its use historically in the sport of bull-baiting.
One of the most common dogs in today’s pet world, the bulldog, is one of the first choices of pet owners when looking to adopt a dog. Bull-dogs are easily identifiable and can be spotted very commonly in your neighbourhood or apartment. People love bulldog for its great qualities as a house dog.
|It adapts easily to living in a flat and is a friendly and low maintenance pet. The major drawback though is its tendency to be lazy, overeat and gain weight.|
Bulldog price in India
The bulldog price in India is also very affordable especially when compared to other dogs and this has also contributed towards its popularity. It is not an exotic brand of dog and is thus not very highly-priced so that it becomes out of the reach of the middle-class family.
The bulldog price in India is highly variable and depends on its age, breed and the person from whom you are buying. A small puppy may be available to you for about Rs. 10,000 whereas a grown dog of 2 years may be priced anywhere between Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 20,000.
The prices of the bulldogs may even be higher if you buy one from an experienced and reputed seller because of the extra precautions they take to develop a dog with a balanced temperament.
|The prices of the bulldogs may even be higher if you buy one from an experienced and reputed seller because of the extra precautions they take to develop a dog with a balanced temperament.|
Also Read: Dog price list in India
The chief characteristics of the Bulldog are :
1. Friendly and Sociable.
2. Quiet and not a barker.
3. Courageous and a great watchdog.
4. A slow but steady learner.
5. Indoor dogs who prefer a relaxed life.
6. Adapt easily to life in an apartment/flat or even to open spaces.
7. Don’t require frequent outdoor excursions.
8. Neutral temperament makes them the ideal companions for children.
9. Average hair shredding makes maintenance easy.
10. Get along well with strange people or other pets.
11. Have the tendency to walk away from uneasy situations rather than indulge in confrontation.
12. Docile and loyal companions.
13. An average bull-dog weighs between 18-22 kgs.
14. They have a height of 14-15 inches.
Bulldogs generally have a life expectancy of 8-10 years.
Following are some of the cons of adopting a bulldog:
1. Tends to gain weight rapidly.
2. They tend to be lazy and have to be forced to go on even short walks.
3. Does not adapt to extreme weather conditions well.
4. Prone to certain diseases because of its short nose and low slung body.
5. Initial training can be difficult.
6. Prone to be stubborn.
7. Not a very lively and active dog.
8. Air conditioner and good ventilation may be required.
Bulldogs are ideal companions for a family looking to adopt its first dog. So go out there and get yourself this cutie pie today.
See also: Bulldog vs Pug