Chihuahua‘s are very attractive pets especially because of their small size and availability in various coat colours. They are the smallest breed of dogs worldwide. Their size is their main attraction and draws different people towards it. But be forewarned that they require expert veterinary care and can be very moody.
The Chihuahua dog price in India is affordable and it is also a good dog to start your dog journey with especially if you are looking for an exotic looking dog but one that is reasonably priced.
Chihuahua Dog Price in India
The Chihuahua dog price in India is variable and depends on its age, breed and the person from whom you are buying. A small puppy may be available to you for about Rs. 10,000 whereas a grown dog of 2 years may be priced anywhere between Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 20,000. The prices of the Chihuahua‘s maybe even higher if you buy one which is really petit from an experienced and reputed seller. The smaller the dog the higher its price.
Chihuahua‘s generally have a life expectancy of 10-14 years.
Also Read: Dog price list in India
The chief characteristics of the Chihuahua dogs are:
- They are active and energetic and require some exercise daily.
- They are highly affectionate and even protective of their owners and even children they are regularly around. But they tend to bond with one person the strongest to the exclusion of all others.
- They have a tendency to form a den and lay closed in there, it may be atop a pillow or under cushions or blankets.
- They need social attention from owners or from other companions from time to time and are not loners.
- They are low maintenance dogs because of their low shedding and drooling tendency.
- The Chihuahua is the smallest dog and weighs between 1.5 to 3 kgs and its height is between 6 to 9 inches.
- They are available in a wide variety of colours from black, white, pink, blue etc.
- They need firm and gentle training as they have a tendency to be stubborn and independent.
- They do not have any wanderlust tendencies and are well settled wherever placed.
- They are highly intelligent and playful.
- They are super funny and never fail to make you laugh.
This furry little animal is as delightful as you want your pet to be. Check out this funny video and see for yourself:
The following are some of the cons of adopting Chihuahua:
- They have a tendency to be anti-social and bark and nip strangers.
- They do not gel or bond easily with other dogs or strangers.
- They do not adapt well to extreme weather conditions and are sensitive to heat.
Chihuahua’s are very popular dogs and have featured in numerous movies including Beverly Hills Chihuahua, Scooby-Doo and the Monster of Mexico, Legally Blond, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Despicable Me 2, etc.
So, friends do not wait any longer to go out and get your own tiny furry friend.