The Indian Spitz is a very common pet choice amongst the Indian dog owners, especially for their cuteness and intelligence. It is often confused with the Pomeranian, but the two are very different.
Indian Spitz Dog Price In India
The Spitz dog price in India is very affordable especially when compared to other dogs and this has also contributed towards its popularity. It is not an exotic brand of dog and is thus not very highly-priced so that it becomes out of the reach of the middle-class family.
A small puppy may be available to you for about Rs. 4,000 whereas a grown dog of 2 years may be priced anywhere between Rs. 6,000 to Rs. 8,000. The prices of the spitz dogs may be higher if you buy one from an experienced and reputed seller because of the extra precautions they take to develop a dog with a balanced temperament.
Also Read: Dog price list in India
Indian Spitz dogs generally have a life expectancy of 10-12 years but some have also been known to live for upto 16 years.
History of Indian Spitz Dog
They were introduced in India by the British and after years of breeding the Indian Spitz is now able to withstand the heat very well and has adapted well to the Indian conditions.
|Before the import of dogs was allowed by the government in early 2000, the Spitz was a common choice of pet.|
The chief characteristics of the Spitz dogs are :
- They are highly intelligent and active dogs.
- They are very adaptable and can comfortably live in a small house too.
- They are of two varieties the small spitz and the great spitz.
- The small spitz dog generally weighs 5-7 kgs and its height is 8-10 inches.
- The great spitz weighs between 15-20 kgs and its height is 14-17 inches.
- They can understand human interactions and act accordingly and thus make great companions.
- Its diet can also be varied from only milk and rice to even chicken and rice.
- They are generally milky white, but sometimes are also available in brown or rarely in black colour.
- They are excellent house pets and do not require much maintenance or care.
- They have incredibly quick learning abilities.
Still unsure about the Spitz, then here’s a fun fact especially for all the Bollywood fans. The Spitz featured in the hit movie Hum Aapke Hai Kaun as ‘Tuffy’ and was later adopted by the actress Madhuri Dixit.
Hope you enjoyed this article as much as I enjoyed writing it. To all my fellow Dog Lovers Cheers!!!